Fairmont Toastmasters Club Forum Index Fairmont Toastmasters Club
From Good to Great!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need water

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fairmont Toastmasters Club Forum Index -> Funny Moments and Jokes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maria Pablo
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: I need water Reply with quote

A GRUMPY traveler was walking through the Sahara desert, desperate for water, when he saw something, far off in the distance. Hoping to find water, he walked towards the image, only to find a little old man sitting at a card table with a bunch of neckties laid out on it. The traveler asked, "Please, I'm dying of thirst, can I have some water?" The man replied, "I don't have any water, but why don't you buy a tie?
Here's one that goes nicely with your robe."

The traveler shouted, "I don't want a tie, you idiot, I need water!"
"OK, don't buy a tie. But to show you what a nice guy I am, I'll tell you that over that hill there, about 4 miles, is a nice restaurant. Walk that way, they'll give you all the water you want."

The traveler thanked him and walked away towards the hill and eventually disappeared. Three hours later the traveler came crawling back to where the old man was sitting behind his card table. The old man said, "I told you, about 4 miles over that hill. Couldn't you find it?"

The traveler rasped, "I found it all right but they wouldn't let me in without a tie.”
Very Happy
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fairmont Toastmasters Club Forum Index -> Funny Moments and Jokes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


FlashyNova Toastmasters Edition
The names "Toastmasters International", "Toastmasters" and the Toastmasters International emblem are trademarks protected in the United States, Canada and other countries where Toastmasters Clubs exist. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2007 phpBB Group